DPD CERTIFICATE RENEWAL
Once the certificate is no longer valid, it will not be possible to request its renewal, and the certification process must start from scratch, i.e., complete the initial certification application and take the DPD certification exam in accordance with the AEPD-DPD Scheme.
DPD certification renewal process:
The renewal is valid for 3 years.
To process the renewal you must provide:
- Completed and signed renewal form (electronic or handwritten signature).
- Updated CV
- Proof of payment of the renewal fee.
- Photocopy of your ID card (double-sided).
- Justification of the requirements for renewal
- Signed (electronic or handwritten signature) Code of Ethics and rules of use of the certificate mark.
- List of the claims for deficient actions in the DPD activity that have been presented during the period of validity of the initial certification. In the event that no complaint has been submitted to you, you must submit a statement indicating this.
Requirements for renewal
To proceed with the renewal of the DPD certificate, the candidate must justify:
- Proof of at least 15 hours per year with a minimum total of 60 hours of training in subjects covered by the Scheme program during the period of validity of the certificate. In the event that it is not possible to justify the minimum annual training required, the completion of this training in one of the other two remaining years is allowed as long as the total of 60 hours of training is reached.
Please note that recognized training will not be valid for the certification exam. The training must be an update of the knowledge included in the headings of the AEPD-DPD scheme.
- At least one year of professional experience related to DPD and/or information security functions.
How should it be justified?Training:
The training certificate must be provided in which it will have to be stated:
- Training entity providing the course
- Title of the training
- Start and end date of the course
- Number of hours of the course
- Subject matter (must be related to the subject matter of the AEPD-DPD scheme and must update your knowledge).
- Format (classroom or online)
To evidence this point, the following must be provided:
- Employer's report, assignment contract or certificate from client companies describing the functions performed. It must contain the start date of the activity, type of dedication (working day and/or hours dedicated) and the signature of the third party.
- Updated work life report
Renewal fee:Price: 150 VAT included
Concept: DPD Renewal + Name and Surnames
ES86 2100 3462 9922 0022 3204
*In case of withdrawal of the application or non-compliance with the prerequisites, the administrative costs of 30 euros will be deducted from the fees to be refunded.
Assessment:After the assessment of the application and the documentation provided, if deficiencies are detected that prevent the renewal of the certification, they will be communicated in writing to the applicant indicating that he/she has a period of 90 days to correct them. If after this period the deficiencies have not been corrected, the applicant will be declared as not renewed, he/she will be informed of this and the certificate will be withdrawn.
If after the assessment it is concluded that the requirements for the renewal of the certification are met, the candidate will be informed and a new certificate will be issued with the same personal number assigned in the first certification and the period of validity.