DELEGADO DE PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS - DPD
The DPO is a professional responsible for applying legislation on privacy and data protection, nevertheless he/she does not necessarily have to be Degree in Law. According to this the necessary knowledge, skills or abilities that the person to be certified must have or know to carry out the tasks of the Data Protection Officer have been identified.
The training for DPO must provide the necessary knowledge to be able to:
a) Collect information to identify processing activities./p>
b) Analyse and check the compliance of processing activities
c) Inform, advise, and issue recommendations to the controller or the processor.
d) Collect information to supervise the register of processing operations.
e) provide advice on the application of the principle of data protection by design and by default.
f) Advise on:
- Whether a data protection impact assessment should be carried out or not.
- What methodology should be followed when carrying out a data protection impact assessment.
- Whether a data protection impact assessment should be carried out in-house or outsource it.
- What safeguards (including technical and organisational measures) to apply in order to mitigate any risk to the rights and interests of the data subjects.
- Whether or not the data protection impact assessment has been carried out correctly and if its conclusions (whether to continue with the processing or not and what safeguards should be applied) are in compliance with the Regulation.
g) Prioritise their activities and focus their efforts on those issues which pose a greater risk in terms of data protection.
h) Advise the data controller on:
- Which methodology should be used when carrying out a data protection impact assessment.
- Which areas should be subject to an internal or external data protection audit.
- Which internal training activities to provide to personnel or the managers responsible for data processing activities and to which processing operations the most time and resources should be dedicated.
Check here all the content related to DPO:
All pre-requisites and requirements established by ANF AC, corresponds to what is established by the DPO-AEPD Scheme.