CERTIFIED ELECTRONIC DELIVERY
The certified electronic delivery service allows companies to send data electronically and obtain evidence about the events that occur during the transfer of data between the parties, such as sending and delivering data to their customers, in addition to protect the transmitted data against risk of loss, theft, damage or unauthorized modifications. It is the electronic equivalent of well-known physical postal services for paper documents, such as traditional certified postal mail.
This evidence can be used to prove to third parties, if necessary also in judicial proceedings, that the transaction was carried out at a specific time and between the parties indicated by the evidence.
Through a certified electronic delivery service, data of any type can be transmitted, including electronic documents (initially created electronically or dematerialized documents), structured or not. The means of transmission can be of any type, including, among others, the well-known email system. Certified email is a general example of implementing the certified electronic delivery service. But there are other more specific delivery services, such as tax return delivery and electronic invoicing.
Certified electronic delivery can be used by all types of entities that wish to share electronic documents securely, such as public administrations, business organizations and citizens. The different types of message transfers that can benefit from certified electronic delivery: Administration to Administration (A2A), Administration to Company ... Client to Client (C2C). .
You can identify several examples of concrete application for your company:
- Replace certified postal mail.
- Access confidential data, such as requesting official government documents that provide legal proof of receipt that the request is being handled.
- Exchange confidential data securely between companies, such as price negotiations.
Certified electronic delivery is often used in combination with other trusted services, such as electronic signatures and electronic stamps to protect and detect any alteration in the data. eTimestamps to ensure the accuracy of the date and time of sending and receiving.
How does it benefit your company?
The benefits of a certified electronic delivery service for your business include:
- Cost reduction. Logistic costs of delivering printed documents or documents stored in devices are avoided.
- Reduction of time in the exchange of documentation.
- Reduced risk of data manipulation compared to less secure channels.
- More efficient processes through the immediate transmission of data and more secure.
- Improvement in document tracking.